|www.Aviapress.com > Magazines > Aviamaster >|
AVM-200203 Aviamaster N3 2002 magazine
List of Contents
The Battle in the Corral Sea - The First Carriers Struggle
Recoilless Aviation Guns of the 30s
Narration by S.A. Mikoyan on Its Frontline Service
48 pages, 50 photographs, 16 illustrations, 4 diagrams
Line drawings of I-Z aircraft
1. A mass-produced I-Z of the 1st Fighter Squadron. The plane is painted dark green on the upper surfaces, the lower surfaces of the wings, tail unit, strats and wheels covers are light blue. The number on the tail is supposedly yellow, guns and propeller blades are black
2. I.V. Stalin in the cockpit of I-Z. On the wing (from left to right) there are engineer G.E. Chepilko, V.M. Molotov, K.E. Voroshilov, designer A.N. Rafaelants, GPU commissar E.S. Paufler
3. A mass produced I-Z with Taunder engine cowling and DRP APK-4
4. In 1935 I-Zs participated in program "Compound Plane". On the shot, a I-Z attaches itself in flight to the under belly pylons of TB-3 bomber.
5. Guards Captian S.A. Mikoyan in front of his Yak-9, summer 1944.
6. One of the Yaks of the 434th Fighter Regiment (IAP), in the vicinity of Stalingrad, September 1942
7. Yak-9 of the 32nd Guards Fighter Regiment (GIAP) former 434th IAP, North-Western Front, March 1943
8. Yak-9 which belonged to captain S.A. Mikoyan, 12th Guards Fighter Regiment of Air Defense (GIAP PVO), autumn of 1943